Are you passionate about communications and thrive on letting your creativity shine? If yes, C3 Collaborating for Health (C3) is eager to meet you. We’re seeking an enthusiastic person to provide communications support to our friendly, dedicated team.
Salary: from £30,000 pro rata per annum
Initial period of employment: This post is currently funded for a period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension if funding is secured
Hours of work: 35 hours per week (full-time), happy to consider flexible working. There will be occasional extra meetings/travel
Start date: By arrangement with candidate, but as soon as possible late January to early February
Location: C3 is currently working remotely but has plans to move to a third-floor office (no lift) on the campus of the Royal College of Physicians in Regent’s Park.
Closing date: February 28. We need to fill the position quickly. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date if the right candidate is found.
About the role
Our work was imperative pre-COVID-19 and the pandemic has highlighted that even more so. C3 is a unique charity working to find ways to make it easier to be healthy. Our projects all involve addressing the risk factors fuelling an epidemic of chronic disease globally which are the world’s biggest killer (and those with chronic disease are also faring worse when it comes to COVID-19, as well). Those risk factors are poor diet, not enough physical activity and tobacco use.
We recognise that the society we live in doesn’t set us up for the best health. We therefore work both at a high level – in partnership across a range of sectors including NGOs, research organisations and the private sector – and also at a local level, in communities. This provides an exciting and varied range of work for our communications officer, getting to tailor content for very different audiences. More information can be found on our website at https://www.c3health.org/our-programmes/overview/.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to be very hands on, working to amplify the reach of our small but impactful charity. The Communications officer will work closely with the Monitoring & evaluation officer and other members of the team on our community engagement project through ASPIRE (Adding to Social capital and individual Potential In disadvantaged REgions). C3 is well known for the high standard of its events, research and project management – so energy, creativity and a keen eye for detail are all prerequisites!
The work at C3 is constantly developing but the role will include:
- Developing C3’s external communications for project ASPIRE – an EU funded three-year project.
- Developing and executing a communication strategy, by utilising appropriate traditional and social media, to reach stakeholders and publicise our project.
- Writing engaging copy in styles that connect with C3’s diverse audiences.
- Working with C3 team to rapidly create, curate and re-purpose content in a variety of formats including but not limited to: blog posts; social media posts and graphics (primarily LinkedIn and Twitter); e-newsletters (MailChimp); reports; infographics; videos; podcasts.
- Developing C3’s website: working with colleagues to create and edit content (including researching and writing regular blog posts).
- Optimising the value from C3’s contact database (Salesforce CRM).
- Building up C3’s contacts with online and print media and journalists.
- Evaluating the relative value of different channels to inform future communication planning.
- With C3 colleagues, representing C3 at events nationally and internationally.
- Promoting C3 events to encourage attendance and also during the events.
- 3-5 years experience with communications work – demonstrating an engaging, clear writing style for a range of different audiences across a range of mediums – e.g., video, blog post, webpages, e-newsletter, social media graphics (examples of work will be requested).
- Making connections between people, ideas and opportunities personally and virtually.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Interest in healthy lifestyles, public health, and prevention through systems-level change.
- Good organisational abilities – particularly working on several projects at the same time.
- The enthusiasm and motivation to work independently, as well as part of the C3 team.
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant platforms and software tools to create and disseminate content.
- Excellent knowledge of Twitter, LinkedIn, and MailChimp.
- Experience with graphic design and video creation.
- Availability for meetings taking place in the afternoons and especially Tuesday afternoons.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Knowledge of, or enthusiasm to learn and train in, Salesforce CRM.
- Knowledge of chronic disease risk factors (physical activity, nutrition, tobacco use) and/or multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Some knowledge of French.
- Opportunities to network at the highest level in an interesting and well-connected charity.
- Working to make a difference to some of the most pressing health issues of the world today.
- Flexible working arrangements, but some time will need to be spent in the office, once open.
- C3 is a team of friendly and enthusiastic colleagues who come from various countries and ethnic heritage and we will welcome even more diversity.
Please send your CV, and a covering letter explaining your interest in and fit for the post, to:
Sarah Clarke, Monitoring & evaluation officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org