N4HC – Nurses For Healthier Communities
C3 and The Burdett Trust have teamed up for an exciting new project, Nurses for Healthier Communities (N4HC). We believe that the key to healthier communities is happy healthy nurses. That’s why N4HC is offering fun free cooking classes, bike sessions and more to nurses living or working in Brent,
Ealing, or Harrow that identify as having an ethnic minority background.
Sign up for N4HC next cooking class on the 10th June (scroll down for details) and the chance to win a £25 Love2Shop voucher or giftcard. Scan the QR code or click here.
What will N4HC do for nurses?
Support their health and wellbeing:
- Providing fun free cooking classes, bike classes for all levels (bikes are provided), and free dine in or take away at Laurence’s Larder every Thursday!
- Building a peer support network of nurses; sharing knowledge and resources, and offering each other practical and emotional support.
- Expanding their knowledge about how the conditions of which people are born, grow, work, live and age effect the lives and health of themselves and their communities.
Give them the opportunity to grow their skills:
- Offering free CPD- accredited online module for nurses.
- Creating opportunities for skill building in an area of their choosing such as health promotion, leadership and more.
- Giving them and their communities a chance to voice the health interventions they believe are important for change.
Healthy cooking classes
Learn to make delicious, healthy meals on a budget at free cooking classes in Brent and Harrow. Even better you can take your meal home with you!
Dining at Laurence’s Larder
Sit down for a warm welcome and warmer food or grab a food box to go every Thursday at Laurence’s Larder in Brent. From chicken curry to banana bread, it’s all fresh and free!
Sign up to our next class – Cooking with Chef Kev!
Chef Kev will share his recipe for Plantain hotpot and more.
Chef Kev has been cooking delicious meals for over 35 years. He was the head chef at the award winning Pamela’s Caribbean restaurant, has been a chef at the BBC and prestigious hotels such as The Savoy and The Langham hotel. He also appeared on Iron Chef UK – gaining a gold star rating.
We’re offering a free cooking class with him for nurses based in Brent, Ealing or Harrow that identify as having an ethnic minority background.
Date and time: Saturday 10th June 10am-1pm
Location: Harlesden Rd, London NW10 3RN Newman Catholic College
To sign up Scan the QR code to sign up or click here.
Hurry spaces will go fast and the first 10 people will get a £25 Love2shop voucher!
To learn of our upcoming events follow us on Twitter @c3health or @c3nursing and keep an eye on this space!
Are you a nurse and want to be a part of N4HC?
Scan the QR code to sign up or click here.