Multinational pharmaceutical company, Novo Nordisk A/S, ran a ‘Cities Changing Diabetes’ summit for ~200 global experts in November 2015.
Ahead of the summit, we were commissioned to identify inspiring solutions to diabetes in cities from around the world. We worked closely with members of our global network to research and publish, which was well received.
Urban Health Promotion: Selected Case Studies on Diabetes is a set of seven case studies about ways urban areas, large and small, are tackling obesity and diabetes.
Published in December 2015, the examples are drawn from five countries:
- Belgium – the EPODE Viasano programme (Mouscron and Marche-en-Famenne)
- Brazil – Agita Sao Paulo (Sorocaba)
- China – the JADE diabetes e-portal and information support programme (Hong Kong)
- Jordan – diabetes microclinics (Amman)
- the United States
- Blue Zones Project (Albert Lea, MN)
- Durham Diabetes Coalition (Durham, NC)
- Shape Up Somerville (Somerville, MA)