We invite nurses and HCAs living in the London boroughs of Brent, Ealing and Harrow to join our new project: Nurses and Carers for Health.
As nurses, we recognise the painful and challenging time many healthcare workers (HCW) from minority communities have faced working at the peak of the coronavirus pandemic, being at high risk themselves. We also recognise that it’s time to listen: to hear from you what issues you are facing and what we need to do to support you.
Who can be involved?
If you are a:
- Nurse or carer (we define carers as health care assistants and paid care workers)
- HCW who identifies as black, Asian and/or minority ethnic
- Individual keen to support the mental and physical health of yourself and your community; and
- Individual living or working in Brent, Ealing, or Harrow;
…then we’d love to hear from you!
What will you do?
- Join us in virtual discussion groups (through Zoom) with other nurses and carers to share about your experiences with COVID-19 and its effect on your mental and physical wellbeing, and work.
- Have unique access to a virtual assessment of your health and wellbeing through our innovative Nursing You platform
- Help design initiatives for your workplace to address these issues, to propose to your managers.
- Receive access to resources of your choosing to learn about preventing major risks for COVID-19, mental and physical health resources, and skills-building in areas your group identifies as a priority.
How can you help us:
- We would like you to take part in a focus group with 6 other health care professionals.
- Take part in a short interview.
- Write a short quote (no longer than 2/3 sentences).
- Complete 2 questionnaires.
- We only require approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes of your time.
What’s in it for you:
- An £80 shopping voucher.
- Access to resources that will help to improve your mental health and well-being.
- Share your experiences of dealing with the coronavirus pandemic with other healthcare colleagues.
How long is the project?
- It started in March 2021 until approximately June 2021.
Who can you contact for more details?
Send a note to C3’s Associate in Nursing, Michaela Nuttall at Michaela.email@example.com to ask questions or to let us know that you’re interested.